cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install R510 APs near Warmboard

ross_nelson_8np
New Contributor II
I'm pre-wiring Cat6 for some R510's (Unleashed) and there will be warmboard-R installed on 50-75% of the ceiling on both levels of the home. It is a radiant heating panel made of particle board, with a groove cut in it, then a layer of aluminum sheet metal over the top.

Am I OK placing AP's immediately against these, or do I need to try to find small sections of the ceiling where there will not be warmboard to mount the AP's, in terms of maintaining good signal across the floor?
6 REPLIES 6

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Ross,

I can't really comment on specifics but I would say that if you have a multi-floor building, then the warmboard will significantly reduce propogation through floors and will result in you requiring more APs than standard.

I'm not sure what you mean by AP-to-AP connectivity? The APs don't require direct connectivity to each other to operate (assuming you have a SZ/ZD/Cloud based system). In fact, ideally they will be on different, non-overlapping channels, in which case they are unaware of each other from an RF perspective. Any other communication which requires AP coordination will be undertaken by the controller and/or via their ethernet connection.

Thanks,
Darrel.

ross_nelson_8np
New Contributor II
Thanks. The plan here was to use unleashed. I have not installed these previously, so I did not know if any RF connectivity between AP's was required if connected via ethernet. I would assume not, but just wanted to be sure.