cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring active directory authentication zonedirector 1200

mandla_ndlovu
New Contributor II
Hi all, I am configuring a zonedirector 1200 controller to authenticate users thru active directory, when i log in it says authenticated and loops (goes) back to the login page? any solutions to this
11 REPLIES 11

Wow that's crazy, I didn't have to do any of that.

Glad its working

Cheers

Hello Shaun,

I already set AAA Settings same as your settings above but how do you setup on Configure>WLAN 

Is this correct configuration?

Image_ images_messages_5f91c47a135b77e247aaf2e3_a420994a79de6292df5b22a8f97b5b55_RackMultipart2017080190872lh3e-9d7828e0-557c-4535-9a64-be178779914e-1891248081.jpg1501578991

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

mandla_ndlovu
New Contributor II
Is there anywhere were I have to put the redirect url?

And no you can only specify a redirect URL on the Guest Service or Hostpot service from what I can see.. The hotspot service doesn't divert clients in my testing. I have a ticket open with Ruckus support regarding this. The guest one works for URL redirection but that does not help me as I want AD authentication for our students.

shaun_van_tonde
New Contributor III

Ok that looks correct. It should basically work tho. Are you using captive portal for AD Authentication.

Have you imported an SSL certificate which you purchased on the Zone Director as well as the intermediate certificate. I had to create a DNS A record on my Windows Server DNS server. So gave it a name zonedirector.domainname.com  then I requested a certificate for this hostname. Captive Portal normally diverts users to the IP Address of the Zone Director but once the certificate is imported it will divert them to the hostname specified in the certificate. We have the captive portal on a guest Vlan so the internal DNS server cannot be contacted so I had to create the Host A record on our Public DNS hosting service.

Regards,