cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campground Installation over 73 acres

jake_druck
New Contributor II
We are finally upgrading from terrible dsl ISP to a dedicated 1GB fiber line to our business. We currently employ a dated mesh pico ap system utilizing several bridges to span our 73 acres and 200 campsites. We are part of several trade groups with other campground owners across the US who have recommended Ruckus over UniFi hardware. Please advise us on recommend installers in our area (Rome, PA 18837) and equipment generally used in this application. Ideally we will hard wire most of the AP's this time around with fiber. 
9 REPLIES 9

tim_brumbaugh
Contributor
Hello Jake.
I am the largest  Ruckus reseller in South Dakota, long ways from your location but I have a lot of experience in doing WIFI in campgrounds.  Latest project was the largest KOA in the United States both indoor and outdoor AP's using some wirless backhaul and fiber.  We did a new replacement of all their networking gear using Ruckus ICX switches and a Variety of Ruckus AP's.  If you are interested in a few pointers let me know and I will contact you about the does and don'ts of campground WIFI and what to expect. 

jake_druck
New Contributor II
Hey Tim, thanks for the response. I'd appreciate any insight you can provide. 

You can contact my via email at timbrumbaugh@goldenwest.com and we can exchange info.

mj_evenson
New Contributor II
@ Jake,  My name is Mj Evenson.  I cover the state of PA.  Is there a way I can contact you so we can talk about what you would like to accomplish.  Regards,  Mj

Hi Jake, Let me know how I can help.  If it would be easier, you can send me an email to mj.evenson@commscope.com to let me know how I can help.  As I mentioned above,  I am the Ruckus Engineer covering PA