cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unleashed.ruckuswireless.com’s server DNS address could not be found

allan_collins_7
New Contributor II
I took delivery of 4 new Ruckus R500 today and prior to installing them on another site next week I decided to have a play with one to see how it works where I'm based with a view of recommending the purchase of more at a later date.
I am new to Ruckus and followed the extremely simple steps of setting one up using the video found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtxx3AtTQs  
All works well until the configuration finishes and I find the unleashed management page is unreachable as the DNS address isn't found.
I can access the internet with no problems via the R500 I set up and I saw the correct DNS address being used during the setup (we use a Virtual Core Domain server for DNS and DHCP)
Any ideas as to why the page is unreachable? 
7 REPLIES 7

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
And... if you are connected to the WLAN you defined on your Unleashed network, try disabling your Eth interface, if it's on another network.
I've run into this before.  So/and if only connected wirelessly to your Unleashed WLAN, then the 'unleashed.ruckuswireless.com' URL should work.

And, if your Unleashed network is setup/working beforehand, and you disabled your Wireless interface, having just your Eth interface enabled
and connected to their LAN, should allow you HTTPS access to any one of the Unleashed AP IP addresses, and take you to the Master AP WebUI
(like Jason said, using DNS spoofing).

john_d
Valued Contributor II
If you have a hosted firewall that does either web filtering or "web antivirus scanning / URL filtering", it could be set up as a transparently intercepting proxy, which would potentially break this.

That is, when your machine looks up "unleashed.ruckuswireless.com", it is correctly told the IP of the master AP. However, when it actually tries to open an HTTP connection to it, the intercepting proxy kicks in and attempts to connect to that IP on your behalf, which may or may not work depending on your network topology...

Such firewalls tend to have a setting to either bypass transparent interception by destination subnet or hostname. You probably want that off anyway, because it can also interact in surprising and unpleasant ways with other Ruckus features such as restricted guest network ACLs.

allan_collins_7
New Contributor II
Many thanks for all of the replies. I spoke with Ruckus support here in the UK last Thursday and we decided that it could be because the units I have are on older software. However I took them home over the weekend and tried there, but hit the same issue. Having come back in to work this morning and reset and reconfigured them again I can now reach the dashboard.
It's a weird one, but at least I can see it now.