Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a Ruckus unleashed AP's after the master has been updated

nohands
New Contributor III
The Master AP is running  200.6.10.1.310
Our 9 other APs are running 200.0.9.9.608

I log into the interface, go to a AP which tells me it needs upgrading, I select upgrade point it towards a local copy, it uploads, I hit the update button, its says 100% success I can then close the window reboot or cancel so I reboot and nothing changes. Even a hardware reboot does not move things onward. 

For all the 9 APs they report firmware 200.0.9.9.608 on the dashboard (needs upgrading) and in the fireware upgrade window report firmware 200.6.10.1.310 at the top. 

I have also tried upgrading via preload image, no dice.

Upgrading via admin>administer>upgrade is not an option as it only lists the master AP.

Am I missing something here is there a better way to upgrade an unleashed AP, Help!
16 REPLIES 16

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
Do The UAP have dns ip?

nohands
New Contributor III
The APs all have a IP via DHCP reservations. They are all providing network access. They have DNS but not internet access which is controlled via proxy. 

nohands
New Contributor III
Looking closer I just realised that any upgrades etc only try to install to the master AP and no other AP. This occurs even if I access the AP via the Access point list and select a manual upgrade it still only gives one AP as an option. 

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
You Have to connect aps to internet for upgrade.

Aps use cloud server to upgrade.

Master provide aps just cloud server url.

nohands
New Contributor III
That is going to be a problem, the site does not have open internet access only via a proxy. 

When I closed the whole site to update via my phone only the master AP updated, but closing a whole site is far from easy. 

Presently I am just considering ditching Ruckus entirely, many APs are struggling with the load and this update issue might just make it cheaper to replace rather than expand the system.