cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Ruckus Unleashed APs

pavel_syulin
New Contributor II

Hello. Can anybody say something about updating Unleashed APs? Yesterday I tried to update my wi-fi infrastructure (4*R500) from 12.54 to 12.55 firmware. In admin portal there is only one button - Update. In showed that new version of firmware is available. Then it said - Version of the file downloading...... and everything was broken. In fact this mechanism updated only master AP, after that process master AP could not see any APs with older firmware! I had to isolate master AP with 55 firmware, build new unleashed network with second AP, upgrade second AP, isolate it and do the same with third and fourth AP. Finally I connect all APs (with new firmware) in one network segment and it works.
I think it is wrong way to update unleashed APs but I dont know technical roadmap for this very important process.

8 REPLIES 8

pavel_syulin
New Contributor II
Hi, it is not a secret. This version of firmware gave me my small system integrator and my mistake was to install it on new APs. Update process was so poor becuase of beta version of installed firmware?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Yes, early beta code didn't join.

pavel_syulin
New Contributor II
thanks for reply.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
No problem, we might have expected VARs or SEs to share early release code.

The info above will be available for all Unleashed users after our next Support site 6hr update period.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000005474