cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed traffic flow and Management VLAN

roger_perkin_jp
New Contributor II
Hi, 

I am deploying 25 x R510's and have been told that setting up an unleashed network is very easy!

After a day I have a few questions. 

My setup is a school with two switches - one in each building - buildings are 15m apart so am hoping the mesh can stretch between the two. 

My question is where does the traffic flow? 
I am configuring each AP to drop main network to VLAN 4 and Guest network to VLAN 5
Does this traffic drop locally at the AP and on the network or does it backhaul to the Master AP and drop out there? 

Also I am having issues with the management VLAN for these devices and need to understand if all the devices need a management IP or just power? 

As when I have 3 AP's connected and I try to change the IP of one of the AP's it says to go to system settings which just points me to the IP address of the Master 

I hope this makes sense 

Network is based on Cisco SG300 switches and all ports are trunk with native VLAN on trunk port being the management IP for the AP's 

Thanks
Roger 
https://www.rogerperkin.co.uk/
16 REPLIES 16

stephen_hall_60
Contributor
Darrel,  how did you set:
>Management VLAN: 10

when using Unleashed? 

ive never seen an option in unleashed gui for a management vlan to be set (as opposed to ZD / vSZ or standalone FW which all do allow a mgmt vlan to be set for the AP).  I think ive seen the ability to set a mgmt vlan in the unleashed CLI, but i have not tested this (trying to stick to gui for unleashed).

(im only asking about on the unleashed side,  not using an untagged / PVID on the switch side to "set the unleashed mgmt vlan via on the switch")

tks

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Stephen,

Apologies for my oversight but I see that it appears setting a Management VLAN is not possible in the Unleashed GUI.

I'll check further in to this and see if there is a feature request for this and will let you know.

Many thanks,
Darrel.

sadir_omer
New Contributor
When Cisco Mobility Express and Aruba Instant APs, how you configure the ports of the switch that's connected to the APs, are by untagging the Management vlan (Native vlan should be the management vlan) and tagging the rest of the required vlans required for SSIDs. Is it the same for ruckus unleashed?

If there is no option to select a management vlan in the Unleased Gui, this has to be the option.

william_schippe
New Contributor
Hi Darrel,

I also really would like to know if the management VLAN can be changed. I have logged in into the CLI of the master access point. Is it possible to set the vlan on the command line in:

config>system>mgmt-if ?

If so, what would be the exact command?

Many thanks

Hi William,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to configure the Management VLAN in Unleashed. I had this confirmed by the Director of PLM of the product.

However he is keen to add this as a feature in a future release.  As soon as I'm aware of anything commited I'll update this thread.

For now the only option is as per the above where the native VLAN on the switch is changed.

Best regards,
Darrel.