cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Client from 1 AP

jason_sparrow
Contributor II

Hi guys,

Running a couple of AP's unleashed and i would like to block a client from the master but allow it on a member AP.

I have blocked the MAC address on the AP concerned but in the block list it does not show which AP the client is blocked from.

Do i assume that the client is blocked from the required AP but can still join the member AP even though it doesnt show the client on the blocked ap?

7 REPLIES 7

Sorry, yes.

Basically we have a static client that when woken up, always seems to favour one AP, so one could call it a sticky client and does cause throughout issues.

With the previous AP's (Ciscos), the client was blocked on the one AP so that it only ever used the one 'closest'.

Hope that makes sense!

Gotcha.  As Unleashed is a controller-less solution with controller function built-in the AP, so once the member APs join the master AP, the block client would apply to the whole network.  To satisfy your requirement, you could create a new AP Group on Unleashed, put all the member APs to it, then create a new WLAN only for this specific client while keeping existing WLANs in both AP Groups for all other clients.  By doing this, the problematic client would only be able to associate to the member APs as the master AP will not have this WLAN broadcasting for this client.  See below for how to create AP Group.

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/unleashed/200.9/GUID-438F4C73-96B6-4294-A8AF-A8FFBCBDD96E.html?hl=cre...

Thanks, i'll give that a go!