cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ 3.2.1 or 3.4?

david_henderson
Contributor II
In mid August we will be installing our first Ruckus products using Virtual Smartzone controllers and R710 access points. The current code is 3.2.1 but 3.4 is in beta. There is one feature in 3.4 that we would like to take advantage of (mesh on the R710) that is not available in 3.2.1

Even if 3.4 comes out of beta before mid August I am always a big reluctant to run the first version of any new code line (ie. 3.4.1 might have bug fixes). I have heard that 3.4 also has some improvements in radio management.

Any thoughts on which version of code I should go with?
4 REPLIES 4

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
If you need Mesh capabilities in your deployment, that would be an important decision factor.

SmartZone 3.4 GA is actually almost released now after much beta testing with many CUs
waiting for new features and enhancements.

I can say that an SZ 3.4.1 MR won't be seen for quite some time from now. 

john_d
Valued Contributor II
This is exciting — can you comment about whether ZD 9.13 will be released imminently too as per the May press release quoting July?

I'm looking forward to being able to mesh the R710!

on 3.2.1.0.245 I'm able to activate mesh on R710? Is this a display error?

david_henderson
Contributor II
So the question becomes, once 3.4 goes GA, will there still be any gotchas? It sounds like it underwent a lot of beta testing so this might not be a concern. Any idea when GA will be?