cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot connect to this network" message

phil_mnats
New Contributor II
Hello.

I have ruckus routers network in my organization, which are powered by HP PoE switch. Desktop computers are connected to network through usb adapters.  
Everything works perfectly fine, except of when I install TP Link TL-WN821n. In this case computer sees available networks, but after I enter credentials, I get "Cannot connect to a network" message.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance. 
4 REPLIES 4

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I assume you use a WPA-PSK authentication on your WLAN.  Be sure you enter the numbers and letters correctly.If you create a "test" WLAN, with open authentication, can the TL-WN821n adapters see and connect ok?

Michael Brado, thank you for your reply.

The network was installed by other company. I'm not sure how did they configured it. The only thing I know is that usernames and passwords, I'm entering, are correct and work fine on any other usb adapter, we have.

Very interesting... Do you have different model of APs?  Can this USB client connect to one type or the other(s), might be interesting to try if possible.
Does the USB adapter use its own WiFi manager?  Can you connect if you try native Windows wireless connection?  (or vice versa?)

These USB adapters are installed on Desktop Computers, so I can't try to connect the network otherwise. But on Monday I'll try to connect these TP-Links to another router model and tell you results of this attempt.

Thank you again.