cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 client do not receive push notificactions when in sleep mode in wifi with VSZ-HS 3.1.2.0.520 and R500 3.1.2.0.134

roberto_robpenp
New Contributor II
My iPad connected to any other WiFi receives notifications even while in sleep mode, so it can receive incoming calls at any time in a softphone or Skype, for example. If I connect it to a WiFi from my VSZ-HS with R500, will not receive them unless the iPad is awake. I've tried changing the inactivity timeout value to the maximum (1000 seconds) but it also doesn't work.

Any idea why do not receive connections when the iPad is sleeping? 

Are there any way to increase the inactivity timeout much more than 1000 seconds?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Lower your DTIM to check for buffered packets more frequently.  We can't transmit packets when your iPhone is asleep.

roberto_robpenp
New Contributor II
Thanks for your reply Michael.
I already had  DTIM to 1.
I have some iPads with iOS 11.4. When I say sleep I want to say with black screen. The iPad it's not completely sleeped, it is capable to receive notifications in this state in any other WiFi than i could test.

roberto_robpenp
New Contributor II
I had try with R500 with firmware Unleashed, incrising the inactivity timeout to the maximum, 500 minutes. But no way. In less than one minute with the black screen in iPad, the connection is lost.
The same test with a Cisco Linksys EA4500 works perfectly, the iPad can receive incoming calls with the black screen.

Hi Roberto,

Do you have any networks on later than SZ 3.1.2 release?  That's much olderthan our current firmware (SZ 5.0 GA just released last week), and it might becompatibility issue with brand new Apple stuff that wasn't available years ago.Do you have older Apples still working ok under SZ 3.1.2, and just iOS 11 clientsare having issues?