cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD 1100 not recognizing/provisioning AP 7363 or any AP

bore_clement
New Contributor II
Hi,
i have just put a ZD1100 online, and trying to connect some 7363 with no luck : in any case, it says that the AP is accepted, but afterwards either it says "upgrade failed" or it does nothing at all, waiting for 10 to 100 minutes... we did try one of the 7363 on another working ZD1100, it worked flawlessly upgrade and configuration.

I tried upgrading firware, then downgrading, factory reset... still same issue; updates on the ZD went smooth though, no trouble switching from a version to another.

With the "stock" firmware or with the latest, nothing to do : AP's get an IP for a DHCP server on the lan, the are displayed on the ZD, but nothing else...

I saw a SSH command to add controler IP to an AP, but didn't worked out.

Any idea how to resolve this one?

I have to say i though Ruckus ZD's were fault free... :p

Regards
6 REPLIES 6

Your tip is helpful for any remote APs connected over VPNs too.  Often the encapsulation over these tunnels cause to much fragmentation,
especially if provisioning many WLANs, so reducing the MTU between ZD/APs from our side can sometimes help.

This was the actual fix that just resolved the same issue I was having upgrading from 9.13.x  to 10.1.1.0 build 55. All of the local APs grabbed their new configuration right away but the 20+ remote APs were all stuck in "provisioning" or "Disconnected". Went into Access Points (left tab) > Access Point Policies (tab within page) > Tunnel MTU and set to 1400 (acceptable range is: 850 ~ 1500). As soon as I applied that, all of the R500 APs which are remote (located across VPNs) were up and connected to the Zone Director within 5 minutes as Joakim mentioned above.

Not sure why this wouldn't be included in the Official Upgrade Guide. Many enterprises have their Access Points upgraded over VPN tunnels. Had to search high and low to find this suggestion. Thanks again.