cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to WLAN broadcast by ZD on R710 AP's

ryan_bauman
New Contributor
i have just installed a zd1200, 2 r710 AP's in my house. I am running 3 juniper ex-2200c switches and a cheap tp-link to-r600vpn firewall/router currently, this is also the dhcp server and gateway. This ruckus solution will replace a single ubiquit 802.11g AP and a Meraki MR-14 802.11N AP. Currently the ZD and 1AP are connected to trunk ports with the native vlan set as Data. The other AP is plugged into an access port currently. ZD is running 9.12.2.0 build 10. Ip scheme is 10.0.0.0/24. We created a wlan usin AES with a PSK originally. My problem is using an iOS device we see but cannot connect to the WLAN. It keeps saying bad password. The password is correct that we are typing. We have reset the password but the issue remains. We removed the password to test and now it attempts to connect then stops and drops the connection. I pulled out my surface pro and tried connecting which it does with no password temporarily. I can ping other devices but have spikes in latency, then drops packets, then it just drops connection completely. AP is still running and not rebooting. During this time all ruckus devices are on network and can be pinged without any dropped packets. If I connect back to old AP's everything is fine, No dropped packets,maintain connection and can browse local subnet and Internet. We do have multicast enabled on switches as my wife uses AirPrint heavily to our printer and I us Apple TV from time to time.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

dave_watkins_74
Contributor
What version of iOS? You might need to disable 802.11k and 802.11r if it's an old version

ryan_bauman
New Contributor
iOS 9.2.1 on iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2