Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started used Rockus

ramin_malekghas
New Contributor II
Hi I want used Rockus Zone felex

i have 3 question
1- can used smart zone App in my EXSI server ???(i must buy licence???)
2- what mean Zone singel and multi in the Managemnets?
3- can i manage my APS in layer 3 by ip (management in datacenter but Aps in different Sites?)

Thanks you your support
6 REPLIES 6

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Yes, you can install Virtual SmartZone (vSZ) on VMware ESXi 5.x platform.

Yes, you will need RTU (right to use), AP license (to manage more than one), and Support entitlement for future software upgrades.  This is outlined in the vSZ Quick Setup Guide:

https://ruckus-support.s3.amazonaws.com/private/documents/790/vsz-3-1-1-quick-setup-guide-20150629.p...

Single and Multi-tennant refers to the number of administrative domains that can be managed,
each like an individual controller per customer.

The vSZ-E (essential) is a single-domain, single customer/site controller, while the vSZ-H (high
scale) allows management of multiple domains, like an ISP with many individual customers they
support or provide services to.

Yes, you can have one or more APs at different network locations, so long as you can reach the
vSZ controller, and open the necessary ports for management/firmware updates, etc.

ramin_malekghas
New Contributor II
Your Compnay Recomend Used management Deviece Or Install software and buy licence for Manage APS ???

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
You can operate Access Points in standalone mode, running the firmware that they came with when you purchased them from your reseller (Ruckus doesn't sell direct).  If you want to use more than just a few APs, and want to coordinate client roaming and AP power/channel adjustments, you'll need a controller (ZoneDirector / SCG-200 / SZ-100 appliance, or vSZ-E / vSZ-H virtual controller).

Controller based management allows you to add or update WLAN details on all connected APs versus individual AP configuration, provides network/client monitoring, local WebAuth and Guest Access authentication, and other features not available on standalone APs.

Controller management will require licensing, and benefits as John offered, can include advance replacement RMAs on top of software upgrades, knowledge base access, and the ability to create your own troubleshooting tickets with tech support (or RMA requests).  You can get quicker answers or help if you need it from Tech Support, who use Chat, Phone, or Support site tickets to serve customers.

Hi Michael, sorry for my poor english level but i have many problem with my configuration. I need your help for my configuration. I use vSZ 3.1.1 and i have zoneflex 7982 and zoneflex 7372. My vSZ is intalled in ESXi5.5, i have configured DHCP option 43 in another Virtual Machine.
My windows Server 2008 with DHCP Option 43 found and address my APs but my vSZ 3.1.1 can find APs.
One time, vSZ has found AP and the AP has upgraged his firmware to 3.1.1 but after that nothing.
Now i have tried almost everything, nothing works!!!