cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Power Settings

ali_db0udsohr2q
Contributor
Trying to work in Ekahau and figure this out. So if I set an AP power to 4dBm or 3dBm in Rukus what would that equate to?

Am
I taking the full power value of the band for instance 20dB and then if I choose -3dBm in Ruckus that would change to 10dB and if I want 4dBm I can do -7dBm approximately?

Also I can't seem to find a command that will give me the EIRP in the AP.  Tried this:

rkscli: get txpower wifi0
 wifi0 transmit power set to -3 dB from max power

So is that telling me that the AP power is 17dBm?
15 REPLIES 15

abilash_p_r
Contributor
Hi Ali,

Please let me know the AP Model/Country Code that you are using; I would find the Max Tx power of that AP.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

Am largely using T301s and R300 in my environment and i want to reduce the transmit power of the certain APS they are being controlled by zone director 3000

ali_db0udsohr2q
Contributor
R610 and using it in the US.  However that still won't answer my question.  Need to know how Ruckus does its calculation?

abilash_p_r
Contributor
Hi Ali,

"I taking the full power value of the band for instance 20dB and then if I choose -3dB in Ruckus that would change to 10dB and if I want 4dB I can do -7dB approximately?"

If this is your question ? (Correcting the dBms to dB.)

You are correct, lets assume that when Tx power is set to auto/full it is 20dB, when you reduce it to -3dB then the power would be half'd which is 10dB, so if you want 4dB then it is -7dB by rules of 10's & 3's (-10+3 = 20 dB/10 = 2dB * 2 = 4dB).

Regards,
Abilash PR.