cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R710: Can't get gigabit on PoE port 1 with DC adapter

nazir_kamaldin
New Contributor II
I recently bought this AP off ebay as a start into networking. I connected the r710 to a GS1200-8HP switch from netgear through PoE on port 1. It works but at 100mbps. I googled for answers and tried changing cables, ports on the switch side, setting the ethspeed through CLI, forcing the r710 to AT mode which the switch supports but still port 1 refuses to go gigabit. 

I bought an adapter and disabled PoE on the switch side and port 1 is still stuck at 100mbps. Here is the strange bit, since now its powered by DC, I can test port 2 which works at gigabit.

Has anyone encountered anything similar or know what i'm not doing right?

Thank you all

5 REPLIES 5

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Nazir,

If you power the AP with poe adapter, and connect the Laptop to the Eth port 1, what is the speed you are seeing?
Also, at the same time if you connect the Laptop cable to Eth port 2 of AP, what is the speed you are getting?

nazir_kamaldin
New Contributor II
Hi Sanjay,

I just tried with my laptop with a single cable running to port 1 with DC, its still 100mbps.

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi,

Can you get output of the below command:

get power-mode
get eth

I believe you have already set the ethernet port speed to Auto using the command
set ethspeed eth0 auto

nazir_kamaldin
New Contributor II
Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your help! Not sure what happened but its now at gigabit speeds. I'm puzzled, thanks again