cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R500 wired mesh setup

joshua_anders
New Contributor
I want to deploy three R500 ap’s for a customer in a mesh style setup with matching SSID’s. All ap’s will be wired to the same switch. Can someone point me in the right direction. I’m normally a Ubiquiti guy but the customer has specifically requested Ruckus. Any information will be much appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Joshua,

Please can you explain what you mean by "wired mesh" and what you are trying to achieve.? Mesh is deployed for access points that need to be connected to the LAN wirelessly, i.e. they do not have a cabled connection.

If you have 3 x Ruckus APs that are hard-wired in to the LAN then you don't need a Mesh setup.

Ruckus APs require a controller for Mesh operation; either Unleashed, Ruckus Cloud, ZoneDirector or SmartZone.

Thanks,
Darrel.

brian_law_esyej
New Contributor
I want to deploy 3 aps in a mesh network, 1 Master, 1 root (connect to master via Ethernet cable) and 1 mesh (wireless), I have tried several ways to configure it, but it is still not working. The first method I used, enable the mesh + zero touch in master ap, and then type in the SN of the mesh ap that going to join the network, however, the status is showing "unapproved". The second method, connect all 3 aps to the same switch wired, and then enable the mesh network in Master ap, after that, disconnect the Ethernet cable of the ap that is going to be mesh ap, it is also not working.