cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACBook Pro on 10.10.3 disconnects from Wireless and cannot reconnect

neill_swart
New Contributor II
We have a ZD1106 running on 9.8.1.0 build 101. and all the MacBooks in the office running 10.10.3 are having the same problem where they get dropped from Wifi and cannot reconnect.

We are running 802.1X EAP and I am not sure if it is an authentication issue or not, because the wifi icon on the top shows connected, but apps like Skype and Dropbox show no connectivity.

I am not sure if we need to upgrade to a latest version of firmware, and I also do not know how to do this. We have a support in place
7 REPLIES 7

deven_patel
New Contributor
Hey! 

We have a similar issue with ours as well ZD1106 on 9.6.2.0 build 13. Was looking at upgrading to the latest firmware but seeing as you have the same issue theres no point. 

Let me know how you get on if you have any success with anything. 

neill_swart
New Contributor II
We have upgraded to 9.9.1.0 build 31, and a few parameter changes so I am not sure what fixed the issue, but seems resolved. Parameter changes were:
- Setting fixed channel for 2.4 and 5GHz instead of Auto (Under Access Point Config)
- 802.11d Enabled (under WLAN Config for each SSID)
- Radio Resource Management Enable 802.11k Neighbor-list Report (under WLAN Config for each SSID)

neill_swart
New Contributor II
Since this change though Apple devices using iOS (Not OSX, like Macbooks) cannot authenticate on the 802.1x EAP, we have had to create a separate WPA2 Authentication for these devices to work around the issue.

deven_patel
New Contributor
Hey Neil!

Thanks for the reply Friday here today won't look at doing any changes today, next week will try out your solution and hopefully it works for us as well 🙂

Cheers

Deven