cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag spikes when gaming every 30 seconds or so

z_5653252
New Contributor
Hey everyone, I just bought a new house that came with three ZoneFlex R510's installed, one on each floor, and a Ruckus network switch. Before this was setup, I had a single Netgear Nighthawk X6S (model R7960P-100NAS) that was serving the house well with no problems.

Now, when playing games through wireless, I get consistent lag spikes every thirty seconds or so. This wasn't happening when using the Netgear access point and it doesn't happen when the devices are hardwired.

Any settings I'm missing in the console that could remediate this problem? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

kevin_yu_7xv73v
New Contributor
I just got an R510 installed and was getting lag spikes and packet loss every 30 seconds - 1 minute. If I disconnect from the R510 and connect to the wireless router/modem instead, I don't have any issues, so I know it is not my ISP or my connection.

Updated firmware to 200.7 and that didn't help.

On the iPhone app, I then went to All APs Radio and disabled the 5 GHz Radio. Not sure if it is a coincidence, but I've been lag free ever since. 

I would also like to find a solution without having to disable 5 GHz, but at least it's a workaround. Hope it works for you.

hank_wang_7zv8w
New Contributor
Was playing league of legend and has ping spike every 30sec - 60 sec. It was better with my previous Apple airport extreme router. I Changed my ruckus to ChannelFly and increased the frequency of "background scanning Radio" worked for me.