cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use poe out on ruckus zoneflex 7762 as data in ?

menelik_yabowor
New Contributor II
Can I use poe out on ruckus zoneflex 7762 as data in ? This is because the data in can only receives power from the poe injector but doesn't connect to switch's data. In so doing I would like to feed power through data in, and feed data through poe out. In fact, in doing so the status led is not coming up.
4 REPLIES 4

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I'm not clear about your question.  I believe you say you are (would like to?) feed power thru data (PoE IN) port,
that is correct to power your 7762 AP, yes.  You can connect another cable to the PoE OUT port, and not use
it to power another device, but simply to connect another device that can talk on your network (data in).  Is that
what you are asking?

menelik_yabowor
New Contributor II
Yes. I mean that.

And the answer is Yes, you can use the PoE OUT port to connect external devices that do not need POE power themselves.

Thank you for the answer. But when I tried that the AP's status LED is not lighting, and the ZD is not accessing the AP. But it is possible accessing the AP and the ZD from a laptop through a switch. Is there something I missed or have to do to get it work? I have also factory reset several times. I can see the interface POE In down . But the POE out is up when I accessed the AP through laptop.