cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNA website certificate

mark_butler_jcc
New Contributor
I am struggling how to configure the web portion of BNA with a certificate. I can find lots of info about certificates in the manual but they are about "application delivery" and deploying SSL to Ironware OS devices. Where is the info about installing a cert for the BNA server website?
1 REPLY 1

upgradeyard
New Contributor

It appears that you are trying to configure a certificate for the web portion of Brocade Network Advisor (BNA) server. While I don't have access to specific manuals or documentation beyond my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, I can provide you with general guidance on how to install a certificate for a web server like BNA.

1. Acquire SSL Certificate:
To secure the web portion of BNA with SSL/TLS, you will need an SSL certificate. You can obtain a certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority (CA) or create a self-signed certificate for testing purposes.

2. Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR):
To get a certificate from a CA, you typically need to generate a CSR on the server where BNA is installed. The CSR contains information about your organization and the domain you want to secure. You can usually generate a CSR within the web server or using a tool like OpenSSL.

3. Submit CSR to Certificate Authority:
Once you have the CSR, submit it to a trusted CA and follow their validation process. After validation, the CA will issue a signed SSL certificate for your domain.

4. Install the SSL Certificate:
After receiving the SSL certificate from the CA, you need to install it on the server hosting the BNA web application. The exact steps for installing the certificate will depend on the web server software being used for BNA (e.g., Apache, Nginx).

5. Update BNA Server Configuration:
Once the SSL certificate is installed, you may need to update the BNA server configuration to enable SSL/TLS for the web portion. This might involve modifying the server configuration file or using the BNA web interface to configure SSL settings.

As specific steps and locations of settings might vary depending on the version of BNA and the underlying web server being used, I recommend consulting the official documentation for Brocade Network Advisor or reaching out to their technical support for detailed instructions on how to install a certificate for the BNA server website.

Remember to always keep your certificate and server configurations up-to-date and follow best practices for security to ensure a safe and secure web presence for your BNA server.

For more information check this : https://yardgearsguide.com/how-to-raise-a-pergolas-height/