rob_coote
New Contributor III
From the Release Notes:
"Per user Dynamic PSK limits
ZoneDirector 9.6 now provides the ability to limit the number of Dynamic
Pre-Shared Keys generated per user.
This feature, configurable per WLAN, allows up to 4 individual mobile
devices to be securely connected per user login."

This is a great feature but a poor implementation. Let us set the limit, do not hard set it at 4 devices. I have several users with more than 4 devices and this will mean I cannot upgrade to this version.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the ZoneFlex Release 9.6 now available (9.6.0.0.267) topic.
6 REPLIES 6

rob_coote
New Contributor III
With the fact that it is enabled/disabled on a per-WLAN basis it's not really an issue for testing/lab scenarios. One could set up a mock production WLAN and simply disable this option if more than 4 devices are needed.

That being said, in the event your CEO is a technophile and has every device under the sun and absolutely *must* have them on your actual corporate WLAN, 4 might be low, but 25 might be too high.

I'd have to say 10 would be a reasonable hard limit.

martin_kane
Contributor
Surely just turning the feature off when the techie people want to add an extra device to the network would work. Turn the limit on again once they're done. From my understanding, the Limit Feature only limits the GENERATION of a DPSK, not the act of having one (or 15) too many.

Cheers