cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 minute delay to pass traffic when clients roam

stephen_ambruzs
New Contributor
Having some weird issues with roaming clients. We have a network of 6 AP's and one ZD1100. There is a 5 minute delay before internet traffic gets passed when a client roams to an AP in a certain location (from any of the others 5), but not the other way round. We've changed the AP, the cabling, and the location of the AP, but the 5 minute delay stays the same. This happens on both the guest network, and corporate network, and with cell phones, tablets, and laptops. once the 5 minutes are up, the client can roam freely across any AP and it works as intended. There is no delay when the client initiates the connection from the troubled "area". I have a ticket in with Ruckus support as well, but we can't figure out what the issue is. I'm running current firmware Version 9.5.2.0 build 15
6 REPLIES 6

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Issue has gone to our escalation team. Hypothesis that weak RSSI overlap to adjacent AP's was the root cause appears false.

stephen_ambruzs
New Contributor
Thanks. Looking forward to solving this! The only thing that I have yet to test is the switch that the AP is connected to. I will do what I can to eliminate that variable.

Any resolution?

We have the same problem.  Was any solution found ?