cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Session Timeout

daniel_saldana_
New Contributor II
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a longer than 10 day session timeout for the Smartzone 100 product using Hotspot (WISPr) as the authentication mechanism? I work at a college without dorms. I would much rather have the authentication need to happen once a semester if possible, however after the 10 day timeout (highest you can set) users are prompted again to login regardless if they get reconnected to the wireless within the grace period.

If not, does anyone have another suggestion for how to get wireless BYOD clients connected and authenticated via LDAP or RADIUS that would allow them to hold such registrations for a longer period of time? Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
It's a security concern, regarding the default session timeout and inactivity timers associated with different WLAN types.
At least you know that BYOD devices with college network access have not been lost/stolen for longer than 10 days.
If you want to request a change, you can make suggestions to your local Ruckus SE to submit for Product Marketing consideration.

daniel_saldana_
New Contributor II
I understand the security concern, however I noticed the ZoneDirector device has a 100 day limit, which would be far more in line with a semester's length. It just seems strange to have different time frames for each device. Or at least allow administrators to take on the risk and set the timeframe to whatever their site could need/want.

jhonatan_cont
New Contributor II
Hey good day to all of you i was wondering where i can set up session timeout (30 min max) in the Ruckus ZD ? Could you help me with that 
Image_ images_messages_5f91c429135b77e247994f92_eb454f68d93fd13f872ace015d46f1b9_RackMultipart20170323180391jm7-a2bc03c4-95ec-4057-a151-9bd460649ed4-589384962.png1490286285