cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light stuck on Ruckus R510

User123456789
New Contributor

I have two Ruckus R510 Access Points in my house. One of them is working fine and the lights are green. The other one is stuck with a red light on the PWR indicator. I tried resetting both my modem/router as well as the switch and nothing is working. I even tried to factory reset the Access Point, but not matter how long I hold the reset button it just remains red constantly. Also, the POE light on the back of the AP is showing a amber color as well as on the switch for that AP.

On the unleashed dashboard it is showing that it is disconnected. 

Can someone please help?

13 REPLIES 13

Hello @User123456789 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

We kindly request that you connect your RUCKUS R510 Access Point (AP) to a functional power outlet and share both pictures and a video showcasing the light status, the cord connected to the AP, and its connection to a working power outlet. Please refer to the example pictures provided below for guidance.

For the video upload, we have created a designated link for your convenience. You can access it via the following link: (Refer to the EXAMPLE VIDEOS from this drive link)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz?usp=sharing

If you have any questions or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello. I have uploaded the video to the above link. How do I upload the photos? Each time I try to add them here it says file type not supported. Thank you. 

User123456789
New Contributor

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 10.25.56 AM.png

Hi @User123456789 

Thank you for the response and the Pictures/Video.

Based on the troubleshooting done, and you confirm after performing the reset of the Access Point, and checking all the connectivity and connections, the failure persists. And this is the only ONE access point that isn’t working with Red PWR LED on it even after checking with an external power adapter it behaves the same. This ONE Access Point Unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi. I am trying to open the chat, but there is no "Chat Now" on the right side of the page.