cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issues after power outage.

jhoward81
New Contributor

Hello,

After a recent power outage I'm having connectivity issues with my internet.  Some pages will not load or load slowly.  Some apps on devices such as smart tv's will not load.  I have tried to follow the instructions provided in other posts but this has not helped.  

Looking for any help regarding this situation.  

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @jhoward81 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please use the same Username and Password for CLI/SSH that you are using to log in on Switch using a web browser. 

You could also try the Telnet option to log in to CLI (Putty)- Please refer below

Telnet – Port 23

If it is not working still, the only option left to get console access to the Switch-

Here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow and perform the same commands and help with the outputs.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

jhoward81
New Contributor

Okay, I have tried the CLI/SSH methond and none of the possible password combinations worked.

I have tried console access as well.  I downloaded the drivers to recognize the cable (computer beeps when it's pluged in now).  I have tried both PuTTy & MobaXterm.  After follwing the instrutions, both programs pull up a blank terminal screen with no ICX prompt.

What do I do now?  

Hi @jhoward81 

Thank you for the response and update.

Could you please share the screenshots of the errors or the screenshot of the Putty and MobaXterm when you are trying to connect via console? And also

Could you please provide an image/photo of where you are trying to connect via console / Ethernet from ICX 7150 - C12 P (USB type C to USB) to the PC? (Physical setup) like the following example: 

OR

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi @jhoward81  

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please make sure you are following steps 5 and 6 correctly from the ‘How to console in the ICX-7150-12CP 'Ruckus Switch' guide.

Please try to access the console by following all the steps once again.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for the reply.  I have just gone in and attempted this again. 

• I verified that I followed steps 5  & 6. 
  • I made sure that my USBA to USBC line between my computer and the switch had a solid connection. 
  • I verified the correct com through the device mananger and saw that the computer was recognizing the switch. 
  • I attempted the connection both with PuTTY and MobaXterm.
  • In both instances after starting the session I was met with a blank screen.  When I hit enter on the session screen for both programs I was met with a username and password prompt.  I did not get  NOT get a prompt that said ICX7150-12 Router> or ICX7150-12 Switch>

Please advise