cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Authentication AAA to connect to wifi

nathan_keys
New Contributor

Hey all,

We are a heavily cloud based organization and would rather not use an on-perm, even as hybrid, for our auth purposes to connect to company wifi. 

We have Azure AD and I've been experimenting with spinning up windows server instances in aws to connect to Azure but nothing seems to really work without having at least partial on-prem.

From my understanding, using cloudpath will accomplish what I am trying to do: connect azure to their servers which in turn all me to login with 802.1x AAA. My hope is to create this for ourselves but I'm unsure how to proceed. 

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

nathan_keys
New Contributor

Hey all,

We are a heavily cloud based organization and would rather not use an on-prem, even as hybrid, for our auth purposes to connect to company wifi. 

We have Azure AD and I've been experimenting with spinning up windows server instances in aws to connect to Azure but nothing seems to really work without having at least partial on-prem.

From my understanding, using cloudpath will accomplish what I am trying to do: connect azure to their servers which in turn all me to login with 802.1x AAA. My hope is to create this for ourselves but I'm unsure how to proceed. 

Thoughts?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Cloud based AAA authentication

Actually, I don't think you need anything on-prem (except LAN and APs) , to use Radius or   Dynamic-PSK fot authentication.

You can have vSZ installed in-cloud, and connected to NPS in-cloud, and you even don't need CloudPath for that (even so CloudPath is a nice tool to have and it will heavily improve client enrollment process).  We have some such installations.

Hi Nathan,

I think this is a duplicate thread of the another one.

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/conversations/commscope-ruckus-cloud/cloud-authentication-aaa-to-c...

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

christopher_moh
New Contributor III

Hello,

Using Cloudpath, you can have your end users authenticate via Azure AD in a workflow.  We have a couple of guides posted in the documentation section of Cloudpath for Azure integration.  Using this integration, we can authenticate the users.

At the end of the workflow, Cloudpath can create a Device Configuration that installs a Certificate on the device.  That certificate is what is used to authenticate the user on the network.  Cloudpath, can be on-premise, but it is also hosted by Ruckus.  There is no need to have them authenticate back to Azure AD, your RADIUS server settings for cloud is pointed to your Cloudpath instance.