cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Connection issues with Ruckus Cloud

chris_ashmore_a
New Contributor II
Over the last few months I have noticed that Apple devices have connectivity issues with Ruckus Cloud APs. Macbooks, AppleTVs, iPhones, the whole gambit. I am seeing it at different physical locations too, so this leads me to believe it is not location specific. I also do not see this with Unleashed or ZoneDirector networks. Client events often show that they were "disconnected due to lack of activity," however I have personally watched a user get disconnected while streaming from multiple sources. I am also noticing errors related to handshake, dhcp, or 802.11 authentication. I'm not sure how much I trust this information though. Has anyone had this issue and/or have solved it? So far Ruckus Support has said there is nothing wrong with my configuration......
11 REPLIES 11

babington_amalf
New Contributor

Hi Chris, did you find any other solutions?  I'm having similar issues with a iOS devices in a network with 11 APs.  

I've just found out that the AP's have a feature called SmartRoam+ to handle this exact problem however some genius decided to not make this feature available in the Ruckus Cloud but it is available with Zone Director.  I've requested that they add this to the Ruckus Cloud and they have it as feature request FR-4995.  I'm not sure how to get to anyone at product management but it seems like this is a big miss for their cloud offering.  You can manually set this for each AP but after any reboot the setting. doesn't persist so there isn't a very good workaround to enable it.

I’m having a similar issue with Apple TV which is obviously static and it’s creating a mess. For some reason when it fails to reconnect it blocks off control and the only way I’ve been able to get it back up is literally block the client and unlock it