cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUCKUS Forum READ-ONLY 21 to 23 October 2020 for Upgrade

grodog-prod
Contributor II
UPDATE 16 October 2020 - RUCKUS Forum READ ONLY 21 to 23 October 2020 for upgrade

The RUCKUS Community Forum will begin migration to a new platform on Wednesday, 21 October 2020, and the forum will remain offline in READ ONLY mode through Friday 23 October2020. 

READ ONLY means that you will NOT be able to create new discussion topics or to update existing conversations in the forum beginning on 21 October 2020.  This includes internal CommScope employees as well as external customers and partners. Full search of the existing content will remain available, and all of the content (user accounts, discussion topics,etc.), will migrate to the new community platform.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and the Support Portal is not affected by this maintenance outage. If you require technical support during the maintenance window but do not have an entitled device, you can renew your support contract or purchase T&M support; see https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2861-time-and-materials-policiesfor more information.  Other self-help tools remain available on the Support Portal, including the How-to-Hub at https://support.ruckuswireless.com/how-to-hub and the YouTube Ruckus Education channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjMmx0SYp28_LpM9d2Yf3gas well as the rest of the forum discussions themselves in READ ONLY mode. 

Allan.

UPDATE 1 October 2020

We received some good news from our account manager today:  the existing forums can remain online during the new platform implementation, so we are NOT going read-only today. 

I should have more details on the overall migration plan and schedule within a week, and will share that information as it firms up.

Thank you for your patience, as well as voicing your concerns which definitely helped with the vendor!

Allan.

CommScope RUCKUS Forum READ ONLY effective 1 October 2020
The RUCKUS Community Forum will begin migration to a new platform on Thursday, 1 October  2020.  At that time the forum will become READ ONLY during the upgrade process, which is estimated to require eight weeks.  Look forward to an announcement on the launch of the new Forum soon!

READ ONLY means that you will NOT be able to create new discussion topics or to update existing conversations in the forum beginning on1 October 2020.  This includes internal CommScope users as well as external customers and partners. Full search of the existing content will remain available and all of the content (user accounts, discussion topics,etc.), will migrate to the new platform. 

The Support Portal is not affected by this move. Urgent issues that require your attention will continue to appear in the Announcements section of the Support Portal home page. 

Allan.
Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support
11 REPLIES 11

diego_garcia_de
Contributor III
8 weeks? Seriously? I mean, guys, Ruckus already has a hard time with "community" / branding, not being nowhere near as popular as C**** or A****.  The forum is a relatively open channel and while it doesnt have amazing traffic, people do get questions answered by folks with experience. Can the read-only time be revisited? I mean, 24 hours / a weekend is understandable. Even a few weekdays, but 8 weeks seems like posts would manually be re-typed into the new platform.

We're definitely investigating all options to try to reduce the downtime with the vendor migration process, Diego, but it's not an area we have a lot of control over, unfortunately. 

Hopefully we'll find a better solution in the next several days, but we felt it was important to get the news out as soon as we heard about it.

Allan.
Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support

Thanks for the clarification Allan and good to know you guys are trying to minimize the disruption. 

david_black_594
Contributor III
I agree completely with Diego’s first post. 8 weeks is absurd, and giving 4 days notice is even more so. And then to not even communicate as a common courtesy the reason for the migration, the advantages, new features, Is disappointing. My guess is there are no advantages and no new features, and that this is just another example of Commscope dissolving the Ruckus brand. I wish they would stop fixing what’s not broken.