cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P300 point to point, point to multipoint

christopher_daz
New Contributor
           I'm trying to connect 10 IP cameras using bridge network. But there is a high mountain between the central post and the cameras. So, I am planning to install a pole in that high elevated area to do point-to-point bridge with the central post and then multi-point to the cameras. The distance of the pole is 1km to central post and 200m-1km to the cameras

My question is, do i need two P300 with external antenna on the mountain side? (one communicating with the central post and another to 10 cameras) or is it possible to just use one P300 to do a hop between the central post and the camera?

The way I understand it, If I only use one P300, the throughput will be divide by half; Since that it will be communicating with the central post and the cameras at the same time. do you think that the bandwidth will be enough for all 10 cameras?(I can configure the camera to use motion detection so that it wont always record the video all the time.)
5 REPLIES 5

hisham_matni
New Contributor III
I have done a similar design using the old ZF7731 bridges to connect 5MP & 3MP Avigilon IP cameras.
As Michael said, i used 2 pairs of bridges to connect the cameras to central office (my middle hop consisted of 2 x ZF7731. One directed to remote cameras and one directed to CO).
I used an ethernet switch to connect the cameras and 1 x ZF7731 directed to my middle hop.
Watch out for bandwidth as IP cameras can consume a lot, try using a bandwidth calculator and you can always minimize the frame per second for each camera to save some bandwidth.