cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need Some Advice on How to Make the Most of the Ruckus Wireless Network in a Large Office Setting.

nicole
New Contributor II

Hello everyone😊

I trust this message finds you all well. I would like to ask this knowledgeable group for any suggestions and insights on how to most effectively utilise a Ruckus wireless network for a large office setting.

• We operate out of a multi-story structure with three floors occupied by about 200 people.
  • Our smart zone 100 controller is paired with ruckus zone flex R610 access points.
  • Device density is an issue in our office; we have computers; smartphones, vo IP phones; and Internet of Things devices. In addition; we use other bandwidth consuming programs; like online collaboration tools and video conferencing.
  • Also during peak hours; we have been having irregular connectivity issues; poor speeds; and unexpected drops in connection.

My Goal is that every device stays connected to the network regularly, especially when there is a lot of traffic. Boost network performance overall to enable applications that require considerable bandwidth without visible latency or degradation. Get the network ready for upcoming growth and higher device concentrations.

We have tried manual channel planning, to reduce interference; but the outcomes have not been great. The controller; along with every AP; has been upgraded to the most recent firmware. basic quality of service settings were put in place to give priority to important apps; however, they have not completely fixed the problems.

• What are the best methods for placing AP students in an atmosphere with this much concentration as ours? What specific instruments or methods would you suggest using to lay out the best places for APs?
  • Is it better for us to depend on automatic channel selection and should we keep using human channel planning? What is the most effective way for us to allocate the internet among various levels and areas?
  • Is there a way to better priorities and manage our traffic with complex QoS settings and configurations? Are there any particular parameters that we need to concentrate on?
  • How can we put into effect appropriate load balancing to ensure that customers are divided evenly among APs? Should we explore certain settings on the smart zone controller?
  • Could you suggest any software or tools that offer advanced maintenance skills and continuous tracking for Ruckus networks? We are searching for solutions that will enable us to quickly identify and address problems.
  • What are the best ways of protecting our wireless network without sacrificing performance, considering the large number of devices? Are there certain security elements in the Ruckus environment that we need to take advantage of?

Also I explored some topics related to this https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/Unleashed/Cannot-handle-signal-interference-mendix-with-Self-Healing-on-Ruckus/m-p/68516 certification but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person

We can overcome these challenges and greatly enhance the performance of our network with your collective knowledge; I am sure. For your time and help in advance; I am grateful. We shall highly value your advice and insights.

Thanks in advance for your efforts😇🤗

1 REPLY 1

mecbelly11
New Contributor

Extreme Networks markets the heck out of their sports arena partnerships with the MLB and NFL.