cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put ZF R710 in 802.3at PoE+ Mode?

hayward_kong
Contributor III
Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to put my new ZF R710 into 802.3at PoE+ Mode.  Currently, I have a new POE+ switch that I'm using which is the Linksys LGS308P. It has LLDP enabled on the switch end. Note, my ZF R710 is in standalone mode.  Is there any other configuration that I need to do either on the Linksys LGS308P or ZF R710 so I can out it into   802.3at PoE+ Mode?
39 REPLIES 39

ok but it didn't fix this issue

as I believe this issue is with LLDP not POE as the poe classification is working correctly

On switch side, Must enable LLDP power over MDI.

If not supported "LLDP power over MDI", R710 cannot operate with POE+.

I have a little update on the problem: today I was able to test, if the command set power-mode AT (via CLI on each AP) changes the AP behaviour to AT-Mode. And IT WORKS! I tried connecting a laptop to the second LAN-Port (which should be only enabled, when in AT-mode) and there was a connection.
I'm running on a vSCG Version 3.2.1 MR3

I have a little update on the problem: today I was able to test, if the command set power-mode AT (via CLI on each AP) changes the AP behaviour to AT-Mode. And IT WORKS! I tried connecting a laptop to the second LAN-Port (which should be only enabled, when in AT-mode) and there was a connection.
I'm running on a vSCG Version 3.2.1 MR3

itech_las_vegas
New Contributor

rkscli: set power-mode at

is what my SE told me was the command

support said the feature wasn't available

does it work for you

I haven't tested yet