cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put ZF R710 in 802.3at PoE+ Mode?

hayward_kong
Contributor III
Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to put my new ZF R710 into 802.3at PoE+ Mode.  Currently, I have a new POE+ switch that I'm using which is the Linksys LGS308P. It has LLDP enabled on the switch end. Note, my ZF R710 is in standalone mode.  Is there any other configuration that I need to do either on the Linksys LGS308P or ZF R710 so I can out it into   802.3at PoE+ Mode?
39 REPLIES 39

Yes i ensbled those lldp settings as well however from everything ive read thru the lldp-med POE-PSE is used for 802.3af finer control of power usage and power via mdi tlv is used 802.3at for negotiation into the the standard. This is exactly where you should find the power via mdi tlv however its missing

Ah, I thought those two tlvs were the same. So the switch is not fully POE+ capable (maybe someone should ask cisco, if they could add this tlv)? Is it possible to automaticially run a script, which executes the "set power-mode at" command on all R710/make this option available in the webIF?

ive already had my ticket escalated with cisco and they are looking at filing a bug report and getting a firmware fix

they said don't expect anything soon though

Maybe if others report the same bug it will gain more traction and we will get a fix sooner though

did you figure out when you set power-mode at and the ap goes to injector mode are the limitations removed from usb and 2.4ghz radios?
also can you tell me what firmware your on as that setting doesn't work on my r710's

I'm running on vSZ 3.2.1 MR1. Maybe that's why the command does not work for you. If I output the help for the command this option is not documented so it's maybe a new option which is not implemented in your branch yet.
However I was not able to verify that the restrictions were removed, because POE injector powered could still mean that the AP is in af mode. I may be able to check in a few week, if the mode has changeds, because the second ethernet port also gets disabled and when I have physical access to the AP I can check that.
I'll also open a ticket, however it would be very nice, if you could report back if you get any updates on this.