cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between building and football field office?

blong_xiong
New Contributor II
This is my first time doing something like this and would like some input as to if it is reasonable to implement wireless from building to football field office which is 550ft away or to just go fiber. The reason behind this would be to provide internet connection to the field office and to the wireless scoreboard. A colleague and I were looking at the outdoor T710 AP or P300 for implementing this. 

What are your thoughts and any ideas that would make this setup better/workable?
8 REPLIES 8

How much of a reasonable signal lost would you say if we were to use the T710n to mesh with each other over that stretch between the two? Just wondering also.

Typical distance is 300 feet, I've meshed APs up to 600 feet (at an airport with clear line of sight).
Narrow band might help improve mesh over this distance, but you would have to test with your
real environment to be sure, is why I suggest the known good P300 solution.

henry_avechuco
New Contributor II
We used a Ruckus point to point bridge for an office several hundred feet away.  Fiber wasn't an option so it had to be wireless.  It worked so well for us we would forget we even had it until maintenance renewal time came around every few years.  

We have an option to do both, but others would like to have the option of wireless as they do not wanna dig up the grounds around the new field.