cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get DHCP IP for my devices

cristian_baeza
New Contributor II
Hi. I'm trying to configure a network with a 2825 router and a 2111 adapter . I can get them connected but when I try to add any other wireless devices like a smartphone or a laptop they don't get an IP
9 REPLIES 9

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Sorry...the "server" I'm referring to is the internal server on the 2825. If you log in, and go to Configuration->Local Network, you should see it. Here's a pic:

Image_ images_messages_5f91c417135b77e24795dbd8_f30a6c758d2c1312a1a3476edab1a4f2_dhcp_server_inline-223a78cf-240d-49eb-be6e-c64652fe7d7a-1879059793.jpg1385135182

cristian_baeza
New Contributor II
That option doesn't appear. Maybe i ́ll have to update the software, I have the 5.3.1.0.51 version

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hello,

Your firmware version is current/up to date. The question is, do you have an
Administration section like Keith's screenshot above, with Management, Diagnostics,
Log components?

We sold vf2825 APs with 3 to 4 vf2111 CPEs for TV set top boxes as an IPtv
solution, thru various ISPs. If you login to a vf2825 with the admin/password
uid/pw you see on the bottom label, you get user level privileges.

Try logging in with ISP uid/pw of 'super' and 'sp-admin', to get the full screens
and capabilities, including DHCP configuration, that you see in Keith's shot.
Good luck and best regards.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
However... If you have logged in with both sets of uid/pw and don't get the DHCP
configuration options, you have equipment from one of the Telco customers who
resold our gear and was installed with custom configurations from them. We can
not change/modify those Telco OEM product, sorry.

cristian_baeza
New Contributor II
I think thats it, a friend asked me to configure the device. I ́d never seen something like this but I thought it coudn't be so much different than a regular router but then I stumbled with this issue. I guess this the end for the topic, Thanks for your time