cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apartment came with Ruckus modem and management told us to set up our wifi with Xfinity

needhelp123
New Contributor

Hello,

I recently moved into a new apartment and it came with a built in Ruckus modem in the ceiling and the management instructed us to set up our wifi with Xfinity. We are now having difficulties with the wifi connections and speed. Xfinity says they don’t see any issues with our internet. They said they can’t really do anything either because our services is not directly with the company.

We have been on hold with the number they transferred us to for the past 5 hours. So I was hoping I may find help here.

When we have connection our speed is extremely slow (Xfinity says we get speeds of 500Mbps but speed test would only show up to ~80-100Mbps download and 0Mbps upload speeds) and then when we have trouble connecting the 5G light is stable on green, 2.4G light will occasionally flash orange, the AIR light remains off, the CTL flashes green and the PWR light also flashes green. Is there anything we can do to the modem itself or do we have to wait for our apartment management to respond to our work order? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 REPLY 1

Squozen
Contributor III

The Ruckus devices aren’t modems, they’re access points. They should just be bridging your wireless devices onto the network that is being served by an ISP router. Did Xfinity install a router for you or are you sharing a connection with the rest of the apartments?