cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe flaw in WPA2 - cracked

marko_teklic
New Contributor
153 REPLIES 153

And will you be replacing all of the newly installed AC Wave 1 installations in 2 years time when Ruckus drops support for the full range after AX is released?

Whether they have support or not is irrelevant if the hardware is stopping them from upgrading. 

Jokob, i'm based in the UK and have worked enough around Europe to know that it is not common place at all. Maybe in certain verticals, large enterprise for example, yes. But a blanket statement that its common place for the budget to replace IT equipment every 3 years, especially if still functioning perfectly adequately, i find hard to believe.

There are other flaws that just 802.11r. There is Mesh and there is the option on the wireless vendor to introduce additional measures in AP firmware to mitigate client side vulnerabilities by rejecting variations in the replay counters from that stored by the AP for example. As far as I know Ruckus hasn't confirmed exactly what will be released as part of the patch yet. You cant always ensure all clients are updated especially with guest networks.  

Anyways, we are getting away from the point here, my question was simply to ask if anyone had had conversations with Ruckus about older versions of firmware that 9.10.  

I find this discussion a bit hilarious 🙂 I've been working in IT in Finland for over 15 years, seen a wide variety of companies from small to large. It's highly unlikely to replace wlan APs every three years. Or switches, or storage arrays or servers. Laptops and mobile phones usually.

Anyways, I bought Asus RT-N56U for home in early 2011. At first it was missing some nice-to-have functions, which I emailed Asus. And guess what? After a while they released new FW with the featrures I had asked for. And FWs kept on coming. The latest FW was released in March 2017, over 6 years after I bough the device. 

Couple of weeks back I emailed Asus asking if they are releasing firmware to address WPA2 krack, and yes, they are although they couldn't give me the date yet. 🙂 Now that I call customer care. No registrations, no support agreements, just go to the website, download and update. No doubt, my next home AP will be Asus. Not because they'd be technically ahead of others, but because they listen and care about their customers.

We have now posted WPA2 KRACK patched ZoneDirector 9.7.2, 9.8.3, and will have 9.9.1 by 10/22/17, as earlier than 10.x mentioned.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
With an update on this thread, see current WPA2 KRACK patch relase details on the Support
Resource Center page:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/krack-ruckus-wireless-support-resource-center

There are SmartZone updates for 3.1.2, 3.2.1, 3.4.2, 3.5.1, ZoneDirector 9.7.2, 9.8.3,
9.9.1 (12/22/17), 9.10.2, 9.12.3, 9.13.3, 10.0.1, Unleashed 200.5, Ruckus Cloud 17.01b42
Xclaim 2.2.0.0.39, and P300 100.1 and yesterday zf7731 9.2.0.0.181 for Point to Point bridges.

We've also posted SmartZone AP CLI scripts to diable EAPOL retries in zone versions
3.1.2, 3.2.1, 3.4.2, 3.5.1, and 3.6.0 to provide protection to vulnerable wireless clients.

- Michael