We are planning to use Ruckus Cloud WiFi (with CloudPath) for wireless infrastructure. The primary data traffic is Citrix ICA with a combination of some web-traffic from guest WiFi. However we have a requirement to include ZoomRooms by Zoom (https://zoom.us/zoomrooms/configuration) with the implementation of the Wireless. While evaluating CloudWiFi i did not see any type of the option for voice or video traffic prioritization. Does Ruckus have any specific product to address these requirement or CloudWiFi should be able to handle this with specific Ruckus WAP? and if that's the case which WAP should we be looking at for this use case scenario?
Additionally, from our Cloud Wi-Fi Product Manager:
Q: Are there any voice and video traffic optimizations in Ruckus Cloud?
A: Let me give you 8 optimizations on Ruckus Cloud.
1. Cloud admins can disable any 802.11b clients from joining or better yet choose 5 GHz spectrum and OFDM rates for the latency sensitive applications.
2. Default priority for a WLAN is set at the highest i.e., voice category, in Ruckus Cloud. No configuration required for this.
3. Ruckus Cloud supports PMK caching, Opportunistic PMK caching and 802.11r/k for reducing latency and roaming optimizations. Key caching is natively provided by APs and there are no knobs to tweak these configuration in Cloud.
4. AP client load balancing, band balancing, per AP client thresholds, and per WLAN client thresholds help with ensuring there is enough capacity for real time traffic.
5. ChannelFly helps with avoiding problematic channels and Tx power adjustments help with making sure there is power symmetry between AP and the client.
6. Standard WMM QoS and power save methods such as legacy power save and WMM power save (802.11e) are also supported. These are default for Ruckus APs. No configuration required on Cloud.
7. Voice/Video VLAN - If required, voice and video traffic can be segregated into separate VLAN.
8. Multicast handling - Some voice clients like Spectralink handsets may require special multicast handling which is supported by Ruckus Cloud