cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection fails between iPad and Apple TV via airplay on same access point

jos_vens
New Contributor II
Hi,

we have problems connecting iPad with Apple TV via airplay when the Apple TV is connected on the same access point as the iPad.
The iPad can't "see" the apple TV, but is able to see other apple TV's connected to other APs.

Firmware is 9.5 on ZD1112, and APs are ZF7372

Any help is appreciated
Jos Vens
23 REPLIES 23

brian_blair_695
New Contributor
Hopefully this will fix this issue.  Thanks Bob!

bob_williamson
New Contributor III
I have yet to mess with it much but the couple tests I did, it seemed to work quite well.  This also allows you to NOT use the bonjour gateway AND stops airplay from flooding your network.  All in all a good deal except they stole two popular channels.

One last note, if you go into "configure" and "system", take a look at the country code options.  If you change it to "optimize for performance" you will gain a lot of channels to play with.

Bob

brian_blair_695
New Contributor
Well, I'm going to test it today at work and see what happens.  Although I do have a question, I do not see the "configure" and "system" choices in the appletv menu to select "optimize for performance" on the appletv.  Where would I find that??

Thanks Again! You have been quite helpful.

bob_williamson
New Contributor III
Sorry, the optimize for performance is on the Zone Director, not the Apple TV.
Bob

john_d
Valued Contributor II
It shouldn't be strictly necessary to add more voodoo after updating to 9.7 or newer, which it looks like Brian did. I've heard that disabling directed-multicast might help in some circumstances, but IMO Brian should see if the update alone has resolved the issue.

(Oh yeah, be careful about enabling the extra sets of channels in ZD if you have a lot of BYOD devices. While all the Apple devices seem to support all the DFS channels, I've been shocked at how many consumer electronics devices don't have good DFS support)