cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartzone 100 issue with AP's recover.me ssid

john_kay_k2wnou
New Contributor III
We have a SZ 100 and randomly all of the AP's lost their SSID and broadcasted Recover.Me. We rebooted the AP's and the SZ with no luck. I then factory reset an AP and added it back to the SZ and still it had the recover.me ssid. I then loaded a backup of our SZ before our last upgrade from 5.1.2.0.302->5.2.0.0.699 and that fixed it for about 8 hours. Then it happened again. We do not have a mesh network as that's the only thing I've found that can cause this to happen. Any ideas?

The AP's are R610 and they show up as online on the SZ and we can ping them from the SZ and from the AP I can ping the SZ.

Thank you!
10 REPLIES 10

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
Yes, that should work, and that is very likely your issue.

Or you can use the IP of any device on the same VLAN that will reply to ARP requests.

john_kay_k2wnou
New Contributor III
I changed the default gateway on the AP to be the SZ and still no luck.

john_kay_k2wnou
New Contributor III
I disabled the recovery SSID and I'm not just not able to get it to broadcast any SSID.

albert_pierson
RUCKUS Team Member
What is the status and configuration status displaying for the AP in the SZ GUI under Access Point Monitor page?  If the AP is connected the status should be "online" and if the configuration has been sent it should show configuration status "up to date"

You can check if the AP is configured for the AP's by SSH to the AP and run the command: get wlanlist

To further diagnose the problem download the AP support file, if the AP is online this is done by highlighting the AP and then from the "more" pulldown menu select "Download support log".  If the AP is not online then you can generate and save this file from the AP SSH/CLI by turning on logging and running 2 commands: support (this generates the file) - support show (this scrolls the file to the SSH tool ofr logging).  You will probably need to open a support ticket with Ruckus to get help in diagnosing the problem.

john_kay_k2wnou
New Contributor III
As of right now all of the APs show online and have "New Configuration" as the Configuration Status. 

I am not seeing any options for Download support log though