cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does the R510 beep?

bobm185
New Contributor
It appears that my R510 periodically beeps.  Does it have a beep signal and if so what does it indicate?
7 REPLIES 7

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Bob,

To my knowledge none of the Ruckus access points have the ability to make beeps or sounds. 

I'd suggest it's something close the R510 that is making the noise, rather than the AP itself.

Hope that helps,
Darrel.

bobm185
New Contributor

Darrel - thanks for your quick reply.  All my smoke detectors are green and have good batteries so they apparently are not the culprit.  I thought maybe it's the Ruckus, not being familiar with it.  It was installed as part of an Amazon deal with the builder of our community to make it a "smart home".  Unfortunately we did not get any operating manual for the R510 so I cannot trouble shoot or monitor the lights, etc.  I searched your website but could not find one - are they available on-line?  Thanks again!  Bob

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor
Hi Bob,

I find my smoke detectors at home do randomly beep (loudly) once every while - maybe this is what's happening.

Our support website has full documentation for the R510 (https://support.ruckuswireless.com/) and you may need to register for access. Here's a direct link the Quick Setup Guide :https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/1124-ruckus-wireless-r510-quick-setup-guide

Ruckus make enterprise/carrier-grade Wi-Fi (not domestic-grade) so unless you're already a Wi-Fi professional, the guides and documentation won't mean that much to you. And I can promise you there's nothing in the Access Point to beep! 🙂

Thanks,
Darrel.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Bob,

By any chance is there a Media Panel cut into the wall of your appartment/condo/home? Can you open it? 
Does it have a small router that says "Mikrotik" or "Routerboard"?  Some of our partners/integrators will install a Ruckus AP
with a Mikrotik router.  The Mikrotik routers emit a loud, extremely short beep whenever they reboot.  We think you might have a
Mikrotik router somewhere...  I assure you that Ruckus APs have no way to make noise/beeps.