We have purchased new R500 AP's and need them setup to run with the existing ZF7341's until all ZF7341 AP's have been swopped out with the new R500's. I'm looking for the correct ZD3000 firmware upgrade path.
4.1.1. Official 9.8.3 upgrade paths supported:
• 18.104.22.168.267/272 (9.6 GA)
• 22.214.171.124.15 (9.6 MR1)
• 126.96.36.199.13 (9.6 MR2)
• 188.8.131.52.220 (9.7 GA)
• 184.108.40.206.32 (9.7 MR1)
• 220.127.116.11.9 (9.7 MR2) • 18.104.22.168.369/373 (9.8 GA) • 22.214.171.124.99/101 (9.8 MR1)
• 126.96.36.199.15/27/33/34 (9.8 MR2)
If you are running an earlier version, you must first upgrade to one of the
above before upgrading to 9.8.3.
so that's a start.
9.12 needs at least 9.9.0 so if going to 9.12 there will be an extra upgrade as well.
9.6.2 > 9.8.3 > 9.9.0>9.12
don't just take my word for it, read those release notes! Unintentional consequences can be very irritating.
Thumbs Up to everything Max said above. Follow the Release Notes, and those are valid versions for upgrades with both APs supported. I add a tip to include digits in the ZD backup filenames, that identify your version(s) saved from, in case you need to roll back or have any problem with upgrades.