- The two floors are about 7,000 sq feet each and there are 2 x R600's on each floor (floors are separated by another floor in-between not occupied by the client).
- They are open concept with mostly cubicles + offices with open doors
- One main WLAN and one guest WLAN (which doesn't see much traffic)
- There are a bunch of other neighbouring networks outside the office, generally low RSSI, but I haven't checked on the new v10 firmware (can't find where that module is now!)
- Yes, turned off ChannelFly last week, but no real improvement
- Other things I came across were to turn off automatic power adjustment across all AP's (under Self-Healing) and just let each AP manage it's own power & also turned off client load balancing
- A Ruckus engineer set the Channels to specific ones only last year (i.e. 1,6,11) and I just re-enabled *all* channels again now - not sure if that's ideal or not.
- Rogue detection is set for SSID spoofing, same-network and MAC spoofing only
- 802.11r is off
- Proxy ARP is enabled
- OFDM only is enabled
Will look into those other options (band steering, channel width and BSS minrate) if they still have issues.
Any other things you can suggest? Or do you think more AP's are needed?