cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Speeds

ken_leb
New Contributor II

Working in a 11 Story 200 room Condo Hotel.

Ruckus ZD3000  Version:10.2.1.0 build 236

58 R700 AP's

AVAYA 4850GTS POE Switches x 2

AT&T Fiber thru a Sonicwall E5500

Speedtest on a local PC Plugged into a port on the 4850GTS 278 down 285 up

Speedtest same PC plugged into a port on a R700 is 79.67 down 124.64 up

Samsung Note 20 Smartphone connect 3 feet away from same R700 (6 clients on AP) connected at 5g 4.0 down and 88 up.

Speedflex from phone to ZD 48 Down 42 up

Speedflex from AP to ZD3050 697 DOwn 1.5 up and other time 31mbps up

Other AP's at different times will have same results or results in the 200's.

I am at a loss.

7 REPLIES 7

Thanks, make sure the Channel is 80 Mhz, let me know the stats once you get it.

Yes, 40 Mhz \ 80 Mhz

I am not currently onsite will be later so don't know WIFI Stats of Cell Phone.

ken_leb
New Contributor II

So, I believe I have resolved the majority of my issues.

The 1st, was I enabled Rate Limiting: Per Station Up/Down 20mbps, believing I was limiting each device, not the AP.

2nd Problem was, the WIFI Network was build as a flat network to support a couple hundred users (Smart Phones, Tablets, and PC’s) throughout the day and a few Smart TV’s (less than 50) with probably 1700+/- usable DHCP address’s.

The building recently canceled Comcast Cable Services, installed a Master Antenna System and added 250 Smart TV’s, and although I created multiple SSID’s, they were all sharing the same flat network.

So yesterday, I Created VLAN’s for each SSID (4 SSID’s), the TV’s will be split between two SSID’s

Today I am still experiencing some buffering on the TV’s but believe it is because I still have over 160 TV’s still on the Guest WIFI Network and hope to get them moved to their own SSID within the next few days.

I will be reaching out to AT&T to monitor the Fiber Modem because I believe it cannot handle all of the traffic.

Any insights or troubleshooting technics you can add would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken