Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two lans, ZF7330 and 7055 APs, 1 zone director

victor_samuel_a
New Contributor II
Hi there,
I'm new here.
I'm upgrading our access points to zf7330 and zf7055. Both have 3 and 5 Lan ports. We have a ZoneDirector 3050.
What I want to do:
  • I have two internet connections coming to site.
  • I want to use one for office LAN
  • I want to use the other for visitors, guests (on a subnet) and scheduled AP (up on Sundays and Mondays, down the rest of the week).
  • ZoneDirector to manage APs
  • I want to use two LAN ports on each AP. One for Office LAN (with POE) the other for Visitors, Guest and Schedule WLan.
I managed to setup the 7330 standalone and managed to achieve what I needed, except for the schedule AP. I did this using VLANs and connecting each AP LAN to a switch port on each VLAN (default 1, and 2).

I would like to get the same setup but using the ZoneDirector, so that I can use other features, like Radius, users, guest, schedule Wlan, etc.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

victor_samuel_a
New Contributor II
Hi RBGE,

Thank you for that. What you have done is what I want to do. Except that I was thinking of using the LAN ports.

So to clarify, are you using an AP for Guest and another for JANET? Or, are you using the same AP with two WLANs, SSIDs, one for "JANET" the other for Guest?

Regards.

alan_sneath
New Contributor II
Every single one of our APs has the same configuration.  They all carry each WLAN and tag them accordingly.  We have more than just the two, and our internal WLANs all go into different subnets on our internal network, but it's only the guest WLAN that is pushed over to an external network.

Basically, it's the latter of your two questions.  It's fairly easy to configure, so I wouldn't imagine too much changing if you want to use a separate port for the guest WLAN.