cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus access points Conversion for Sonos

Vamsireddi
New Contributor

Hi , recently I was trying to set up my surround Wi-Fi for my home using Sonos . But it’s not grouping all the products at same time , when future research with Sonos customer support learnt that 

By default, Ruckus access points convert multicast/broadcast traffic to unicast traffic, which disrupts expected Sonos behavior. Sonos requires multicast and broadcast traffic (Multicast is a one-to-many streaming over IP method similar to traditional broadcast.) to be passed normally. Please check this information to Ruckus to allow the access points to pass multicast and broadcast traffic full time.  

please help how to change this configuration 

8 REPLIES 8

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Vamsireddi 

Please find the below article which explains how the multicast is treated in Ruckus APs.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001236

You need to use the below commands on the Master (Unleashed)\Controller to allow the multicast traffic to pass as multicast.

ruckus(config)# wlan hotspot
The WLAN service 'hotspot' has been loaded. To save the WLAN service, type 'end' or 'exit'.
ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos directed-multicast
ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos igmp-snooping
ruckus(config-wlan)# end 

Hi Sanjay ,thanks for quick response .

Not sure how should I execute this commands on Mac ? Can you help me with the set by step process or should I do it on phone ? 
I have unleashed app on my phone that much I know and I see 2 access point in home own upstairs and one downstairs .Me not being developers could you explain how should I run those commands and change the configuration .thank you .

Hi , It did not work .

vasanth_edward
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Vamsireddi,

Thank you for reaching out to us via FORUM.

In the unleashed setup, we could also use the following commands to regulate Multicast in the network:

Ruckus# ap-mode

ruckus(ap-mode)# get wlanlist
ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth0 directed multicast disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth1 directed multicast disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth0 igmp disa

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth1 igmp disa

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth0 classification disa

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos eth1 classification disa

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos wlan1 directed multicast disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos wlan1 igmp disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set directed-thr wlan1 0

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos wlan33 directed multicast disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set qos wlan33 igmp disable

ruckus(ap-mode)# set directed-thr wlan33 0

ruckus(ap-mode)# quit

NOTE:: wlan# can be found from command 'get wlanlist'.

Please keep us posted if this worked out for you. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Vasanth Edward