cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP R500 with 104.0.0.0.1347 and ZD1106 with 9.8.3.0 Build 14

felix_khoo
New Contributor II
Recently bought a R500 with firmware 104.0.0.0.1347.
Tried to "join" it to the ZD1106 but failure to update firmware 9.8.3.0.14.
I know that one can't downgrade the R500's firmware. Would updating the ZD's firmware help?
if so, what's the best version that can support the R500's 104.0.0.0.1347?
9.10.2.0.63?
10 REPLIES 10

Sir try to understood senacrio ap firmware should be down to zd firmwares ,, but if ap firmware is higher to zd firmware then it will not works .

The AP came with version 104.x.x.x
I tried to manually upload 9.8.x.x that is the same version as the ZD, it doesn't work, it shows updated and rebooting..but after that still shows version 104.x.x.x

alex_shalima
Contributor
Felix,

Is you WAP on the same subnet as your ZD?
Where are you seeing that message: " prompted that it can't "update" to 9.8.x.x"?

Cheers,
Alex

felix_khoo
New Contributor II
It's on the same network, yes, same subnet. the ZD can see it and subsequently try to update its firmware. 
Events shows:-
AP (MAC) joins with different firmware/custom file version and is being upgraded.
Failure to upgrade AP (MAC) image from 100.x.x.x to 9.8.3.0.14 after [16] retries.

I am stucked now as I am no longer able to access the AP via direct cable.
I actually want to try to update the firmware again to 9.8.3.0.14, maybe version 100.x.x.x allows me to do that.

NEED HELP. I CAN LONGER ACCESS THE AP eventhough I can see its IP.

alex_shalima
Contributor
Felix,

Gotcha. That's kind of strange.

There are 2 things you can try to get access back to the WAP.

1. Try Internet Explorer. This is most likely due to SSL error on older firmware.
2. Factory reset your WAP

From here, you can try these things:

1. Check your licenses. Do you have room to add another WAP to the ZD?
2. Try another R500 if available, to confirm the issue
3. Upgrade your ZD to higher version. It can go as high as 9.10. Be aware that if you have WAPs that are way to old like 2942s or 7341/7143s, they will stop working based on the version. Read RELEASE NOTES before upgrading.

Cheers,
Alex