cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R710 Transfer Speed

arranda_saputr1
New Contributor II
I am connected to R710 and my adapter properties says i got 866 Mbps at 2.4 GHz, however when I test a file transfer I only got about 15 MB/s max... compared to another AP from other vendor, my adapter properties says i only connected to 244 Mbps, however, testing file transfer with the same laptop, same file, same server, and at the same location, it got me around 50 MB/s.
I perform both tests with no one other than me connected to the AP. I want to know why it seems Ruckus AP has my transfer speed capped somewhere? R710 is managed by a vSZ, I believe I dont have any rate limiting configured, the only thing I did was enabling OFDM only and set BSS min to 24mbps. Could this be the root cause? Please advise.
12 REPLIES 12

If you're running latest drivers for your laptop radio/client drivers, and on our controller or AP,
it would be time to consult with Tech-Support...  https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Hi Arranda,

I would try the other brands AP again, check the throughput, and check again what channel is been used by using the command: netsh wlan show interface

Hi Arranda,

I would try the other brands AP again, check the throughput, and check again what channel is been used by using the command: netsh wlan show interface