cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 reset

kevin_lovegrove
New Contributor II
How to factory reset R700?

I put it in Bridge mode to test so now I can't use the Web interface, so I want to factory reset.

I tried holding in the Reset button for 30 seconds, that doesn't change anything.

I tried the 30/30/30 with the reset button held, that doesn't work either.

It always boots up with the configured settings, not the factory defaults.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

paul_van_der_cr
Contributor
user: super
password: sp-admin

kevin_lovegrove
New Contributor II
Doesn't work, either through the Web GUI or SSH.

That's why I'm trying to hard reset.

paul_van_der_cr
Contributor
I'm out of advise, never had problems with the reset button, always works, so cannot help you further, and the problem is that you got no support(contract) from Ruckus..... (in which country do you live?)

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
if it is on desk... and when you perform hard reset for 10-12 sec when it is powered... on the count from 1-10... once you release, as a confirmation of hard reset... all the LED both in the front and back should flash for once and again... AP will boot back to default state...do it when AP is NOT connected to any live network, AP by default is a DHCP client...if it still does not work then try as paul suggested...may be request for RMA etc...is this AP you bought from authorised reseller etc?

kevin_lovegrove
New Contributor II
OK, thanks to the nice folk at IOSouth, the answer should anyone require it:

- Press the pinhole reset and hold down for 30 seconds.

- Wait 2-3 minutes for the R700 to recycle.

You will see the island-nnnnnn SSID appear, and you can then connect to the router and login with the default credentials (u=super p=sp-admin).

If both the R700 and your computer are connected to the same router, you can just find its IP address and enter that into your web browser.

If you connect to the R700 directly you must set a static IP on your computer of 192.168.0.x, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and gateway of 192.168.0.1

Then access 192.168.0.1 via the web browser.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help, and let's hope this answer assists someone else in the same quandary!

Cheers,
Kevin