cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 reset

kevin_lovegrove
New Contributor II
How to factory reset R700?

I put it in Bridge mode to test so now I can't use the Web interface, so I want to factory reset.

I tried holding in the Reset button for 30 seconds, that doesn't change anything.

I tried the 30/30/30 with the reset button held, that doesn't work either.

It always boots up with the configured settings, not the factory defaults.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

if you see Island-xxxx SSID then the AP is already booted in default settings, then you should have access on 192.168.0.1  with a direct connection between AP and PC, if there is DHCP on the network and the AP is connected to the network, then check DHCP to find the ipaddress of the AP

From what I read the island-xxxx appears when the AP has no internet (or other network) connection. In my case, the AP has a static IP and gateway on my corporate network .

The two SSID's I created are still there, so it is not yet Hard Reset.

Whoever thought resetting an AP would be so complicated?!

paul_van_der_cr
Contributor
can you disconnect the AP from the network and connect the AP direct to a PC, then check if you can ping the AP on the static address or on the default address (192.168.0.1), just to be sure which address the AP has

paul_van_der_cr
Contributor
I was wrong on the island thing, did forget you work with a standalone AP (https://samepage.io/app/#!/4de82f7f008f3cb343977023611036ed552a71ca/page-274554485169242591-showing-...)

kevin_lovegrove
New Contributor II
Unfortunately I still have the same problem. I don't know the Ruckus login credentials and I can't find a way to hard reset it.

I'm close in that if I connect via ethernet, I'm on the 192.168.0.x subnet and I can see the login page.